Bee You Organics
100% Pure Beeswax Pillar Candles
Beeswax pillar candles are the most natural and oldest type of candle around.
Made with 100% cotton braided wick. The large pillars can be hugged after burning to completely burn the whole candle, or can be left alone to create a luminary that can be used for votives and tea lights.
Please choose your candle type in the options. This listing is for only one candle of your choice.
🕯 We only use 100% pure, organic beeswax from local bee farmers in the PNW to create each unique, hand-poured beeswax candle. We are 100% cruelty free.
🕯 A true gift from nature, beeswax candles burn longer, brighter and stronger than other candles, without any of the additives, chemicals or fillers.
🕯 These beeswax candles give off a sweet, warming honey aroma and are a dripless candle.
🕯 Because Beeswax candles are unique, please carefully read the burning instructions included with your candle for proper use and care. You must not blow out a beeswax candle.
Beeswax Candle Burning Instructions:
Ensure your candle is kept clean and that it doesn’t gather dirt or excess dust. If dirty or dusty, carefully clean the top of your candle with a paper towel or lint free cloth.
- Remove all labels and place candle on a heat and flame resistant surface.
- Trim wick to 1/4” - 1/2” inch before each burn to prevent soot.
- Light candle at base of wick.
- To ensure your candle burns cleanly across the top, burn it for one hour for each inch in diameter or until the wax pool extends from edge to edge. For example, burn a 3” pillar at least 3 hours and a 2 1/2” candle for 2 1/2 hours.
- To prevent ‘tunneling,’ (burning a channel down the middle of the beeswax candle), “hug” in the edges of the candle as it burns down (this is gently pushing the edges of the pillar inwards as it softens).
- Use a wick extinguisher to straighten a curled or tilted wick to the opposite direction to correct uneven burning. If the flame flickers or smokes, hug the candle more or trim the wick again. Depending on your home environment you may need to trim every 3-6 hrs.
- To Extinguish: Blowing a beeswax candle out can spatter liquid wax, introduce unwanted debris to the wax, or completely ruin the wick. This is due to the high melting point of beeswax. Blowing out a candle will not extinguish the embers in the wick and they will continue to burn down the wick, rendering the wick useless. Instead, use a wick dipper to depress the lighted wick into the wax pool. Once the flame is extinguished, use the dipper to return the wick back to an upright position.
- Firmly push the edges inwards after the flame is extinguished and while the beeswax is still warm (hug your candle).
Beeswax candles are the most durable and long lasting candles you can own. They burn brighter, longer and cleaner than any other type of candle. Beeswax candles have been used all around the world for centuries. Here are some reasons to switch to beeswax:
Beeswax is non-toxic.
Beeswax is long burning.
Beeswax is clean burning.
Beeswax is naturally dripless.
Beeswax burns brightly.
Beeswax is renewable.
Beeswax candles are reported to have a calming effect.
Your beeswax candle will naturally grow “bloom.” Bloom is a white substance that naturally grows to protect the beeswax. If you don’t like the look of the bloom, it can be wiped off with a damp cloth.
Caution: Please read instructions before burning these candles. Keep burning candles away from drafts, children and pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Everything we make is made from scratch and by hand in our shop in the Pacific Northwest, using only fair trade and organic, food grade ingredients.
We never use alcohol, fragrances, parabens, sulfates, synthetic or artificial ingredients. All of our products are gluten free and cruelty free.
We always ship 100% plastic free with naturally biodegradable shipping boxes and a recyclable shipping label. All our shipping supplies are made in the USA.
We offer a free gift on orders over $99. You will need to add the item to your cart for the discount. This offer includes the Travel Size of our Organic Body Butters, 2 Mini Body Bars, Sunscreen, Bug Off Body Butter, Unchaffable Stick, Balm Remedy, Super Skin, Perfumes, Foot Balm, Hair Heat Protectant, Hair Oil, Beard Oil, Lip Balms and Zinc Lip Balms.
Free shipping for orders over $99 in the US. If the order is under $99, there is a $6 flat rate shipping fee for all orders shipped to the US. All packages are shipped USPS First Class or Priority by weight, and a tracking number will be emailed to you when your order ships.
For international orders, the shipping rate will be determined by country and weight of package.
Orders usually ship within 2-4 business days of being placed.
For In-Store Pickup in Spokane, Washington, orders are usually ready day of. You will be notified once your order is complete and ready for pick-up.
If you have never tried our products before, we recommend starting with the travel/sample size. This is to ensure it works for you and you like it before purchasing the full size.
Due to the artisanal and sensitive nature of our products, we do not offer exchanges or returns for reasons of general dissatisfaction on used products. Each and every one of our products are hand crafted and hand poured with the utmost care and for safety reasons, we refrain from restocking, reselling or accepting used items.
With that being stated, we want you to love your products as much as we do. If you package arrives damaged, please contact us immediately. If you have questions or issues, please reach out to us for assistance.
I received my first purchase from Bee You Organics, a 5.5 oz prism candle, on 9/1/23. It was shipped and delivered quickly and delivered in attractive packaging, which made it feel like a special gift.
The candle was exactly as pictured and came with detailed use and care instructions to ensure I got the most out of my purchase. I loved the candle's soft glow and the sweet warm-honey scent (exclusive to pure, high-quality beeswax candles) that filled my room when I burned it. After several weeks of frequent use, it's almost gone, so I ordered BYO's largest pillar candle today, and look forward to the arrival of my new purchase.
The quality of the prism candle and the enjoyment I took from it was worth every cent I paid, and it's a pleasure to give my money to a small company that's deeply invested in the quality of its products and the satisfaction of its customers. I will continue to buy BYO's candles in the future, and recommend them to others without reservation.
High quality candles.
Loving the candles and the special gift was appreciated! Will keep coming back to this shop as have never been disappointed with a product
The mini candle in the shape of a beehive is just adorable.