Bee You Organics
100% Pure Beeswax Pillar Candles
Beeswax pillar candles are the most natural and oldest type of candle around.
Made with 100% cotton braided wick. The large pillars can be hugged after burning to completely burn the whole candle, or can be left alone to create a luminary that can be used for votives and tea lights.
Please choose your candle type in the options. This listing is for only one candle of your choice.
🕯 We only use 100% pure, organic beeswax from local bee farmers in the PNW to create each unique, hand-poured beeswax candle. We are 100% cruelty free.
🕯 A true gift from nature, beeswax candles burn longer, brighter and stronger than other candles, without any of the additives, chemicals or fillers.
🕯 These beeswax candles give off a sweet, warming honey aroma and are a dripless candle.
🕯 Because Beeswax candles are unique, please carefully read the burning instructions included with your candle for proper use and care. You must not blow out a beeswax candle.
Beeswax Candle Burning Instructions:
Ensure your candle is kept clean and that it doesn’t gather dirt or excess dust. If dirty or dusty, carefully clean the top of your candle with a paper towel or lint free cloth.
- Remove all labels and place candle on a heat and flame resistant surface.
- Trim wick to 1/4” - 1/2” inch before each burn to prevent soot.
- Light candle at base of wick.
- To ensure your candle burns cleanly across the top, burn it for one hour for each inch in diameter or until the wax pool extends from edge to edge. For example, burn a 3” pillar at least 3 hours and a 2 1/2” candle for 2 1/2 hours.
- To prevent ‘tunneling,’ (burning a channel down the middle of the beeswax candle), “hug” in the edges of the candle as it burns down (this is gently pushing the edges of the pillar inwards as it softens).
- Use a wick extinguisher to straighten a curled or tilted wick to the opposite direction to correct uneven burning. If the flame flickers or smokes, hug the candle more or trim the wick again. Depending on your home environment you may need to trim every 3-6 hrs.
- To Extinguish: Blowing a beeswax candle out can spatter liquid wax, introduce unwanted debris to the wax, or completely ruin the wick. This is due to the high melting point of beeswax. Blowing out a candle will not extinguish the embers in the wick and they will continue to burn down the wick, rendering the wick useless. Instead, use a wick dipper to depress the lighted wick into the wax pool. Once the flame is extinguished, use the dipper to return the wick back to an upright position.
- Firmly push the edges inwards after the flame is extinguished and while the beeswax is still warm (hug your candle).
Beeswax candles are the most durable and long lasting candles you can own. They burn brighter, longer and cleaner than any other type of candle. Beeswax candles have been used all around the world for centuries. Here are some reasons to switch to beeswax:
Beeswax is non-toxic.
Beeswax is long burning.
Beeswax is clean burning.
Beeswax is naturally dripless.
Beeswax burns brightly.
Beeswax is renewable.
Beeswax candles are reported to have a calming effect.
Your beeswax candle will naturally grow “bloom.” Bloom is a white substance that naturally grows to protect the beeswax. If you don’t like the look of the bloom, it can be wiped off with a damp cloth.
Caution: Please read instructions before burning these candles. Keep burning candles away from drafts, children and pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
100% pure, organic beeswax
Beeswax candles need to burn until the wax pool covers the top; the standard is one hour per every inch across the top. (Example: a 2" wide candle would need to be burned for a minimum of 2 hours)
Light the wick at the base to create a wax pool. Always keep the wick trimmed to 1/4".
When extinguishing, use a candle extinguisher to push the wick into the warm beeswax. Blowing out your beeswax candle may result in unsatisfactory burning the next time you light it. Immediately straighten the wick back up.
After extinguishing, "hug" the candle inwards, using your fingers or hand to wrap around and gently push the beeswax towards the center. This will prevent "tunneling." (Unless, of course, you want to create beeswax luminaries)!
Everything we make is made from scratch and by hand in our shop in the Pacific Northwest, using only fair trade and organic, food grade ingredients.
We never use alcohol, fragrances, parabens, sulfates, synthetic or artificial ingredients. All of our products are gluten free and cruelty free.
We always ship 100% plastic free with naturally biodegradable shipping boxes and a recyclable shipping label. All our shipping supplies are made in the USA.
We offer a free gift on orders over $99. You will need to add the item to your cart for the discount. This offer includes the Travel Size of our Organic Body Butters, 2 Mini Body Bars, Sunscreen, Bug Off Body Butter, Unchaffable Stick, Balm Remedy, Super Skin, Perfumes, Foot Balm, Hair Heat Protectant, Hair Oil, Beard Oil, Lip Balms and Zinc Lip Balms.
Free shipping for orders over $99 in the US. If the order is under $99, there is a $6 flat rate shipping fee for all orders shipped to the US. All packages are shipped USPS First Class or Priority by weight, and a tracking number will be emailed to you when your order ships.
For international orders, the shipping rate will be determined by country and weight of package.
Orders usually ship within 2-4 business days of being placed.
For In-Store Pickup in Spokane, Washington, orders are usually ready day of. You will be notified once your order is complete and ready for pick-up.
If you have never tried our products before, we recommend starting with the travel/sample size. This is to ensure it works for you and you like it before purchasing the full size.
Due to the artisanal and sensitive nature of our products, we do not offer exchanges or returns for reasons of general dissatisfaction on used products. Each and every one of our products are hand crafted and hand poured with the utmost care and for safety reasons, we refrain from restocking, reselling or accepting used items.
With that being stated, we want you to love your products as much as we do. If you package arrives damaged, please contact us immediately. If you have questions or issues, please reach out to us for assistance.
Loving the candles and the special gift was appreciated! Will keep coming back to this shop as have never been disappointed with a product
The mini candle in the shape of a beehive is just adorable.
The beehive candle looks just as presented. It is solid and smells great. Excellent delivery time. I am very pleased with this purchase!
Beautiful candles, smell amazing, and burn wonderfully
Beautiful candles, smell amazing, and burn wonderfully